Thursday 18 July 2013

Turquoise for Mama!

Hello again!! It's been a while. Sorry for the lack of posts over the past two weeks, we have been loving summer and spending quality time camping! I hope your having a wonderful summer as well filled with great family time. 

In between camping trips I managed to complete a makeover, here it is! 

Recently my mom has been on the hunt for a new dresser for her bedroom. I showed her this one I had in my "stash" and she loved it. She gave me her vision for the piece and I did my best to give her the "dream" dresser. 

I took out the drawers and gave everything a good wash.

These pretty legs were hidden in hideous brown, they will soon get their chance to shine.



Primed and ready for paint:

The body looks instantly fresh with a custom mixed cream.

The drawers were beautified in a custom mixed teal.


The detail on the drawers were painted in the same cream and then each drawer and the dresser were distressed. This is before the dark wax application. 

Here she is after her waxing!

Now look at those legs! What a feature! 





Drawer details:


Here she is in her new home! 

Here is one more before and after:


My mom loves it and I am honored that she wanted to display my handy work in her home.

Linking up to:
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Embracing Change

YAY!! This post was "the most clicked on link" and was: 
Embracing Change

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty dresser, love those feet! The colors you used look great, I can see why your mom loves it! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina