Monday 18 March 2013

I Got Spooled!

A great friend of mine is looking for some furniture pieces with a little bit of character to add to her home. I am so grateful that she has chosen me to do these special pieces for her. I found this table on kijiji for $20. I loved the shape and knew with a little work it could be something great. After I got it in the basement and ready to paint I realized the melamine was cracked and pealing off. Now I wish I tried harder to get it for a better price. Oh well lesson learned.


Here is the top, basic and boring...and Fake!! 



So I decided to scrape off all the melamine and boy was I presently surprised at what was underneath! Knotty boards, that will antique greatly!

After sanding came a coat of primer, looking better already. 


Then a nice coat of grey/blue on the base and a vintage cream on the top! With some distressing and a coat of clear varathane.

Love the rustic charm. 


This is exactly my vision for this table! I love it when something turns out the way I had planned! 







One last before and after! Never be intimidated by laminate furniture! It may just surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina