Tuesday 12 March 2013

RED All About It

I have been inspired!! While browsing for inspiration I came across This Dresser over at Embracing Change. She had done a wonderful job painting this cute dresser red and I knew I had to try my hand at something similar. 

I found this piece at a yard sale last summer for an astonishing $7! At that price I knew it was going to be something beautiful in it's future. But until then...here it sat holding my mess of paints and supplies. What a sad future it was living.

I promise the rest of my house isn't like this, I love organization but for some reason creative spaces seem to be the most unorganized! 

 So after a good cleaning out, I moved the piece out and began the transformation. 

I opted to paint the old hardware rather then replace them all together.

Here she is after 2 coats of paint. I love that the natural wood grain bleeds through. 













And it 
still holds
all my painting
supplies...
just a little
more neatly!





Here are the finished knobs with a little distressing.

















Just one last look at the after! Bliss!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina